Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Cage redesigned



I've been playing with gray Prismacolor markers and I did my first piece for a sketch challenge over at Ten Ton Studios. You can see others and vote there here: Ten Ton Sketch Challenge

My process was pretty simple. I sketched out some designs and the first one I came up with was this. I didn't reference anything but his face and I used some actor's photo on the internet. I don't really know what style this is, but it is kind of rough and then I just inked Cage with a number two brush and the background I added later with art pens.

The gray, as I stated above, is Prismacolor and this would be my first try. I think I can do better, but the depth is not bad and I like how it turned out. I'll get used to grays before I go with color, but this is something I'd like to continue to do.

No comments: