Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Robin sketch


This is my little tutorial on my sketch challenge entry over at Ten Ton Studios.

First thing I did was sketch up this. It was quick and I got the idea off of a photo of a model or something I found on the internet. I don't remember what it was, but I saw it on the internet at work. Anyhow, I didn't think much of it at the time. It began to grow on me and later I added the buildings.







Next I cleaned it up and added a lot. I like the shading in pencil, but didn't think they might work with inks.












The inks were done Steev style (Ten Ton Member and friend) and I left some stuff out and added some details. I think they turned out ok, but the pencils do have a certain style that looks cool.







The grey added. This is my second attempt. I didn't like the first attempt, because the sky, so I did them again.











Finally, I added the logo, which I referenced from a cover I found on the internet while I was at work.

4 comments:

Steve Willhite said...

"Steev style"?!! Bwaaahaha! Another fool lead down the path to the dark side!

This was a great pic. You should post the step by step on the Ten Ton forum.

Joshm said...

I did, in my Josh's house of art thread. Maybe I need to post it in the tutioal area!

Thanks man!

Anonymous said...

this one came out really fantastic, josh!

Joshm said...

Thank man!