Friday, April 11, 2008

Tutorial

I thought I'd do tutorial on making a pinup this time.

So, I had in my head a loan girl and her pet Saber Tooth Tiger. Naturally I referenced the character and her landscape. So, I figured Africa would be a good reference to start. I referenced a normal tiger, but I made a lot of changes to make him look cooler. A normal tiger doesn't really look they way I drew it.

I found a really nice image of grass that I used as a reference as well.




When I started the pencils I was thinking only of design and the pose. No details. When I started inking I thought a little more pencil work was needed for the grass, but they were still pretty rough and from there I started inking. I added all the shapes and line work when I inked it, but only because I know what I wanted when I started. If I'm not sure, I'll tighten up my pencil work and then ink it.

I inked the boarder first, then started inking the grass, her boot and the tiger, etc. I moved my way up and then finished it off by doing the clouds and mountains.


I hope this was somewhat interesting to you.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

jasonbaroody said...

color this one, it rocks!

Joshm said...

What am I, a robot that does what ever you say? Okay, I will! Thanks, man!