Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Lone Wolf and Cub


I'm in the process of finishing my second pinup for Hiro Unlimited and I love doing it. It's something completely different from what I might normally draw and it's looking pretty cool so far. I with Hiro Unlimited had more work for me, but looks like I'm only getting three pinups in this book.

I've finished four pages for my pitch to image and I've added two more pages to the mix, for a total of seven, so three more to go. We had to add one page for continuity and the seventh page is to build suspense. So, the pacing will change slightly, but the overall pages are telling the same thing we set out to do.

I feel like I'm getting less done then I normally do, but my work is looking better, because I have to focus more on the details rather than the quantity of art I produce. Slowly but surely getting close to my dream of working full time as a comic book artist, but still I have a lot to learn I don't want to rush it. I know in the back of my mind I want to rush things, but I'm older now and I know there is a time for everything and right now I have to focus on the now.

No comments: