Thursday, December 27, 2007

Zealot


I didn't have quite the time I wanted to spend on this sketch, but it has some nice action to it. The girls in the foreground are too small or Zealot is too big, but I still like this one. I used more blacks than I normally do, which is something I like to do with my sketches that is I like to do something different than I normally do.

I'm still plugging away with Hiro Unlimited next pinup and I've finished inking it. I'll start the flats today and finish the coloring tomorrow or this weekend and if I get the green light to post it I will.

I'm also working on page five of the Space and Time project, which I'm thinking will be finished, pencils only, by the 7th of January. After I'm finished with the pencils I'll go back and fix any problems and possibly add some more details. I only want to add what will be pertinent to the story, but I also want the art to have a very detailed look to it. Something I generally don't do, because I ink and color my own work it takes a lot of time to finish. The reason basically for this change is simply the style of the book is meant to be very 1960's sci-fi. So, the art will reflect in this light.

If we get the green light from Image I'll have to higher two artists to help with this project, if we're going to get it done by next Christmas. I'd like to get a background artist to help out on some of the pages and a flatter to help with the color. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: