Monday, August 4, 2008

HOPE: The HERO Initiative


I thought of a pretty interesting story for the HOPE: The HERO Initiative anthology at Ronin Studios. I sent it to them and they wrote me back asking me for an example of a page that the art would be in. I didn't have one, so I sent them a few things and told them this is all I have for now. I'm doing up a page today to send to them.

I got the web comic job I was hoping to get. There was a few times while we were negotiating that I felt it wouldn't work out, but we came up with some good compromises and I signed the contract this morning. She says the comic will last for 18 months and I’ll be doing 10 pages a month. I'll start drawings tomorrow and by the end of the week I should have three pages to show everyone. I'm not sure if they'll start posting the art on their website right away or if they want to wait a few weeks.

I'll ask if I can post up some of the characters to give you something to look at. For now, I've posted the lead character for the Hope story I came up with. If they don't end up publishing it, I'll just post the story in here and maybe put it in a sketch book to bring to cons.

Speaking of cons, I'm scheduled to be at the NDK this year in Denver. This is my first con with a table and I'll be doing some programs with some other artists. The programs will be on pitching to publishers, making web comics, drawing a comic in 24 hours (which I've done twice and plan to do again this year), and I'll be doing sketches and whatnot when I have time.

I'll post more about NDK when it's closer to Sept.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a cool drawing.
Hope the hero initiative publishes your story.

Congrats on getting the webcomic gig.
I'll be looking forward to seeing the pages.

Remember to give the link when they put up the stories, so we can see them in they're entirety.