Thursday, January 15, 2009

SpaceGirl


One of my favorite web comics of all time. Travis Charest’s SpaceGirl. I did this for the sketch challenge over at Ten Ton Studios forum and I couldn't resist.

I've got a new gig lined up and it's another short story for Battling Yank. I love the story, so when Marc asked me to do another short story I was like, "of course I do."

I have been taking my time with the inks on these last pages and boy am I behind. I should be finished with a few pages, but I'm still on page 2. Lots of detail and blacks on that page, so I guess it's bound to go slowly.

Here is the Spacegirl web comic: http://groups.msn.com/travischarest/spacegirlcomic.msnw?Page=1

2 comments:

Michael Kasaboski said...

Hey man - I love this! I love space and sci-fi and women... so this is a no brainer!

I have one small critique and it's the left leg - looks a bit short or perhaps the foreshortening is a bit off. But I don't mean to be harsh or anything. I find a lot of online comic art forums to be way to harsh with the critiques so I tend ot shy away from them.

And I don't wanna detract from this excellent piece, so I'll reaffirm that I do really love this piece. Nice work, as always.

Josh said...

No, man, don't refrain from crits. I learn a lot from any suggestions I can get. So far I've gotten two good crits on this piece and yours was one of them. I value any kind of crits, whether rude or kind, they will help.

Thanks, Josh